Utah Tech University requires all new, transfer or readmitted international students and scholars, in an F or J visa category, to purchase medical health insurance (dental and vision insurance are not required). Due to the high cost of healthcare in the U.S. all students must purchase a plan that meets the minimum requirements, listed below. You may use an existing insurance plan as long as it meets the below minimum coverage requirements.
UT MINIMUM HEALTH INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Medical Benefits of at least $100,000 per accident or illness
- Repatriation of remains in the amount of $25,000
- Expenses associated with the medical evacuation of the exchange visitor to his or her home country in the amount of $50,000
- A deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness
Common Health Insurance Providers
UT does not require health insurance from any specific provider, however, we do require our students to have the minimum coverage listed above. The below providers have often been used by UT’s international students and all meet the minimum required coverage. You are welcome to use medical insurance from your home country or any company of your choice as long as it meets the minimum required coverage outlined above.
Work Directly with the Following Companies:
Work with Steven Fraser, Local Marketplace Agent:
- Steven Fraser, Agent
- Cell – (801) 600-9972
- There is no charge to work with this local agent
- Please ask ISSO staff for Steven Fraser’s UT office hours to meet with him on campus or call/email him directly to setup an appointment